Join our community and inspire others.
The team at Routes to Reading are extremely keen for you as parents, grandparents and carers of young children to have the opportunity to share the great variety of experiences of reading with children aged between 0 and 3 years. We would very much like you to have the opportunity to learn from others, gather ideas and above all, enjoy being part of a reading community. Whether you have video footage, photographs or simply want to share your written thoughts, we would love to hear from you.
Upload your videos or photographs
How it works
After submitting your video we'll evaluate it and hopefully put it up on the ‘Video Library’ page for all to see! Please note this process can take a week or two but don't worry - we do look at everything you send in! Please also note that we are currently only asking for videos featuring children aged 0-3 years. However, if an older sibling/relative is joining in the reading session, that’s absolutely fine. Just make sure you have permission from their parents/carers before submitting the footage. Here are some tips on making a great video:
- A video shot in landscape mode, rather than portrait
- Limited to no background noise so we can hear you and your little one speaking
- A relaxed, amateur video
- Story telling, nursery rhymes, reading from a book, making up stories
- You and your child / children having fun!
- Muffled sound
- Bad lighting - we want to see you and your child enjoying reading!
- Swearing - your video won't be put up on the site if you swear!
If you've followed the above advice and waited for two weeks, yet still don't see your video, contact us and we'll investigate!