Book of the Month: February - Guess How Much I Love You
Love is in the air and we’ve got just the book for showing it! The story of how Little Nutbrown Hare and Big Nutbrown Hare express their love for one another has been translated into 55 languages and in this article, we look at why it’s become so popular. The great news is that Guess How Much I Love You is celebrating its 20th Anniversary this year and we have five copies of the anniversary edition to give away. Read on to find out more.
Why is Guess How Much I Love You so popular?
- Who doesn’t love a special way to tell their little one how loved they are? The relationship between Little Nutbrown Hare and Big Nutbrown Hare is deliberately unspecified, making it easy to change the word ‘he’ to ‘she’ or add in ‘Mummy’, ‘Daddy’, ‘Grandma’ or ‘Grandad’. These small flexibilities mean that any two people reading the book together can relate to it!
- This book is filled with actions that can be copied, e.g. reaching out your arms as wide or as high as they can go, jumping, and, for the brave, headstands! This is a great way to encourage active toddlers to enjoy the book and learn about actions.
- As the book contains lots of speech, there is lots of opportunity for funny voices! The lines in the book are quite repetitive and memorable, meaning that eventually, toddlers can join in with the story too!
- It can be enjoyed throughout the preschool age. The repetition in this book creates a wonderful rhythm that will help to build language skills from birth. As your little one grows up, they will enjoy the book and its wonderful illustrations too. Guess How Much I Love You also comes in cloth, board book, and pop-up formats, there really is a book for everyone in this fantastic range!
To enjoy this book even more with your little one, you can also download an activity pack.
Share your love with 25% off Guess How Much I Love You!
See our families reading Guess How Much I Love You.
Win a 20th Anniversary Edition of Guess How Much I Love You!
To celebrate 20 years of this wonderful book being published, we have 5 copies of the 20th anniversary edition to give away. All you have to do is send us your answer to the below question via the 'Contact Us' page or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the final line in Guess How Much I Love You?
1. “ I love you very much.”
2. “I love you more than carrots.”
3. “I love you right up to the moon – and back.”
Competition Terms and Conditions:
- No purchase necessary to enter the prize draw
- This prize draw is open to UK residents aged 18 years or over, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
- Entries must be received by midnight 28th February 2015. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
- Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
- Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be notified via email or post by 10th March 2015. The winner must claim their prize within 14 working days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
- The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the prize draw, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this prize draw, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this prize draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
- The winners agree to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their names and videos in such publicity.
- By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter is Education Umbrella Ltd, Bristol and Exeter House, Bristol BS1 6QS.